Integrity You Can Trust.
Quality You Can Celebrate.
Recognition You Can Publicize.
The San Francisco International Wine Competition (SFIWC) is a member of The Tasting Alliance, the parent organization of the world-renowned San Francisco World Spirits Competition, New York World Wine & Spirits Competition, and Singapore World Spirits Competition.
The SFIWC is one of the largest—and most influential—wine competitions. Now celebrating its 39th year, it’s one of the oldest international wine competitions in the world. Year after year, the SFIWC takes great pride in maintaining The Tasting Alliance’s commitment to these three founding principles:
Founded in 1980, the SFIWC is one of the oldest competitions of its kind. With over three decades of experience, our operation has become a fine-tuned masterpiece that blends passion and professionalism.
Throughout our judging process, we emphasize integrity and impartiality. Our blind tasting process guarantees that every entry is judged fairly and given equal consideration.
The SFIWC has become one of the world’s most respected wine competitions due in large part to our esteemed judges. Each with a distinct story and trusted palate, these seasoned experts are one of the reasons a SFIWC medal indicates the highest caliber of quality.
What does a medal mean for you?
SFIWC medal winners range from some of the most renowned international wines to boutique wineries that we’ve helped put on the map. Not only is an SFIWC medal a testament to your hard work, it’s a universally recognized indicator of exceptional quality and craftsmanship.
Our medals are valuable sales tools that can garner a flood of attention from press, industry experts, and consumers. In a saturated marketplace, winning an SFIWC medal sets you apart from your competitors while giving you opportunities to further promote, market, and position your wine to consumers.
We can help
Throughout every step of the Competition, we want to help you succeed. We’ll answer any question you may have during the application process. Once you win a medal, we offer a wealth of tools and resources to help you turn your success into marketing gold:
- All Gold, Double Gold, and Premium Award winners will be listed in an issue of The Tasting Panel Magazine, which reaches over 90,000 beverage-trade decision makers.
- Bottle stickers are available for purchase to help increase visibility and distinguish winning products on store shelves.
- High-quality, high-resolution medallion imagery is available for licensed use in winners’ online, print, and POS materials.
- Developed exclusively for The Tasting Alliance winners, a complimentary marketing toolkit will provide ideas, tips, and strategies for promoting your award to increase visibility and maximize sales.
- Throughout the year, The Tasting Alliance hosts numerous media, trade, and consumer tasting events around the country to showcase top winners.